Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's My Kid Wearing Today?

I am not a fan of super girly clothes.  You will rarely see my girls in ruffles or sparkles.  You will never see them in bows (unless that bow is a tie).  I have made my peace with pink and mary janes.  Bijou even owns a pair of those ruffly socks (thanks to her job as flower girl in my sister in law's wedding).  But as a whole, I feel that overly "girly" clothes are fussy and silly and impractical.  There are certain clothes that I think should be a staple in all of my girls' wardrobe.  Those staples are leggings/tights of various colors and patterns, jeans of various cuts, a denim skirt, converse type sneakers and a denim jacket.  I think I can group any of those staples with other things and pull off a pretty cute outfit.  Now, I know that I have four daughters, but I really love little boys' clothes.  I have learned over the years that I can pair a "boy" item very girl specific item (i.e. a skirt) and no one confuses my daughter for my son (well, most people don't).  That's the type of outfit Zion wore today (and because she has short hair, if I don't put her in a skirt people automatically assume that she is boy).  Here is her rainy Wednesday outfit.



Green Frog Rainboots - $0.00 (free from a friend)
Black Leggings - $.99 (from Goodwill)
Denim Skirt - Justice ($.99 from Goodwill)
Awesome Rocky T-shirt - $.99 (from Goodwill)
Purple and White Pinstriped shirt - Benetton ($.99 from Goodwill)
Zion's favorite pink retro jacket - Adidas ($.99 from Goodwill)
Orange slouchy hat - $.99 (Goodwill)

Total Outfit - approx. $6

Bijou was not as enthusiastic about me taking her picture, as you can see from the expression on her face.  Of the four girls, she is probably the most "girly".  I question her taste on a regular basis.  But never fear, I shall brainwash her over time.  This is her rainy Wednesday outfit.


Pink Floral Rainboots - $0.00 (hand me downs from my niece)
Grey Leggings - $.99 from Goodwill
Neon Yellow and Grey dress (not that you can see it) - Gymboree ($.99 at Goodwill)
Pink Jacket - Land's End ($0.00 free from a friend)

Total Outfit (not including the price background of the fencing salle) - approx. $2

Jena and Ashni just asked why I haven't taken pictures of them yet.  I told them that when they wear something cute, then I'll take their pictures.  I see some outfit competition in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment