Friday, January 18, 2013

What's my kid wearing today?

Hopefully, we are pulling out of a stint of very depressing weather here in Mississippi.  We have had rain for days  (we did have that one 70 degree day last week), then freezing rain and ice, then snow.  Fortunately, after the snow, came the sun.  I need the sun.  It keeps me motivated and driven to anything other than sit on my couch in sweatpants.  It wasn't 70 degrees today, but the sun did pull us out of the house.  And going out of the house means that the kids have to get dressed.  So, here's what my kid was wearing today...


Bijou
Multicolored sneakers - DC ($0.00 free from a friend)
Striped leggings - Gymboree ($.99 from Goodwill)
Skirt - Gap ($1.49 from Goodwill)
Red Jacket - Gymboree ($1.49 from Goodwill)
Floral western shirt - not sure of the brand ($1.49 at Goodwill - handed down from Ashni)

Total Outfit - approx. $5.50

Zion
Green sneakers - Converse ($3.99 from Goodwill - they were a bribe so that we could throw away her raggedy silver Toms that she LOVED)
Black jeans - Levi's ($.99 at Goodwill)
Green Cassette t-shirt (not that you can see it) - Old Navy ($.99 at Goodwill)
Purple puffy vest - Old Navy ($1.49 at Goodwill)
Cowl neck scarf - made by Mommy ($0.00 AND I got to use up some of the millions of balls of yarn that we have around here)

Total Outfit - approx. $7.50


Okay, because my older girls choose their own clothes when we shop, I have no idea what brand most of their clothes are.  But since I still have to pay for them, I DO know how much they cost.  Jena is by far my most difficult child to buy clothes for.  She is pencil thin and about 75% legs.  She has long arms and long feet.  Boots this winter were a challenge.  They do not make a woman's size 7 boot to fit a leg that tiny!  But anyway, here's what she was wearing today.

Boots - We got these at Rue 21 (which I had NEVER been in until I had to find boots for her) for $24
Leggings - these are actually Bijou's leggings ($.99 at Goodwill)
Skirt - $1.49 at Goodwill
Striped shirt - $2.49 at Goodwill
Jacket - (This one I do know, because I bought it when she was not with me) Gap ($3.99 at Goodwill)

Total Outfit, with boots - approx. $33 (These bigger girls are getting expensive...)

No comments:

Post a Comment