Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Raw Food: Day 4

Okay, so I caved today. I just really did not want to eat anything that we had in the house. Does that make me a wuss? Maybe, but I just really needed a sandwich. So, I had one. I have to admit that as much as I wanted that sandwich it wasn't very good. I don't know if my tongue has gotten used to different flavors already, but that sandwich was WAY too salty. I'm sure it tasted the same as they always do, but it just wasn't tasty at all. It was filling though and I haven't been hungry since (that was around 1 this afternoon). Even after this short period of time, it is strange to not be hungry almost eight hours after eating. For the past few days I've eaten something every couple of hours (a salad, a piece of fruit, a smoothie, juice, something). I do feel less like I need some cooked food now. So tonight I made hummus. I soaked the chic peas over night instead of cooking them (or using canned which is usually what I use). At some point I will get hungry again and that hummus will be calling my name!

2 comments:

  1. Hummus is soooooooo delicious. I just finished a batch off a couple of days ago, and am dreaming about making more! I also know what you mean about things seeming more salty after not having them for a while. I'm adjusting my intake of food as well, and have noticed similar things. MMmmm...hummus...with cucumbers, and carrots, and mushrooms...mmm...I'm hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummus is one of my favorites...especially with raw veggies. Think I will have to make some soon.

    ReplyDelete