Saturday, May 1, 2010

Raw Food - Day 1

Okay, I have to admit that I am not totally prepared for this upcoming week of raw food. My monthly trip to Whole Foods is not scheduled until next week, so I foresee the next few days as being challenging. I do know that the first few days are rough. All I can think about right now is how delicious a cheeseburger would be, or fried fish and fries, ooh or four cheese tortellini, or.....but this is not helping anything. So I should just recap what my meals consisted of today (which is a more productive subject).

Breakfast: Strawberry smoothie (a BIG one)
Snack: apple, raw almonds, green grapes
Lunch: A big mixed green salad with spinach, tomato, avocado, pumpkin seed, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and almonds. I made a dressing with garlic, raw almonds, a little water, nutritional yeast, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and a touch of red pepper. The dressing was DELICIOUS!
Snack: orange
Dinner: (which I actually haven't had yet) Fruit salad with apples, raisins, fresh coconut and banana with a peanut dressing.

As much as I love fruit, my day was fruit heavy today and I feel a little ODed on sugar. I'll have to work that out. We'll see how tomorrow goes...

2 comments:

  1. My friend does a lot of raw food stuff too. IF you want, I can give you a link to her food blog. For me, raw is what my heels are. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the link to her blog. I can use all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete