Monday, May 3, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

I love finding great things at the thrift store (or on the side of the road or in the trash or in my grandparents' basement). I keep a shelf or two on my bookshelf just for all of my random things that I love. My current favorites are these...

The awesome fan is something I got from my grandmother years ago. It's one of my most prized possessions. It's really loud, but it still works (we don't use it because of all of the small fingers in the house that could be potentially lost). I got the little Japanese kokeshi doll at a thrift store in St. Croix a few years ago. That wooden bullet thing is a set of nesting dolls just waiting on me to make up mind about what I'm going to paint on them (I will make up my mind eventually). The little blue bottle of tooth powder that I bought at my next door neighbor's garage sale (there's still some tooth powder in it). I really love old cameras and I found this 8mm Revere at the Salvation Army for $3. It weighs a TON and still works! The metal "ORTH" is a broken piece of a sign that I found in a parking lot. My "stuff" shelf changes fairly regularly as I find new stuff, but this is what it consists of today. Oh, the portrait in the background is the first one I painted of my husband and the little 7UP photo was taken by a friend.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! You made that painting?? Seriously, you have got some talent! And I am horrible at telling the difference between trash and treasure. You are obviously good at finding treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stef. I don't know that I am always so good at telling the difference between trash and treasure, but I'm good at ignoring the protests of "what are you going to do with THAT?!" that I get from my husband.

    ReplyDelete