Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chalkboard Calendar


I'm not sure where, but recently I came across a wall mounted, weekly chalkboard calendar. I wish I could remember where I saw it, but alas.....
Anyway, I am an avid collector of scrap wood (I always feel like I can come up with some project that will require wood) so I have a small pile of lumber collecting dust in our garage. A few months ago, when the girls and I were refurbishing the cedar chest and drop leaf table, I found a hideous red coffee table on the side of the road. It was missing, what I assume, was a piece of glass from the top. We sanded it and got a piece of wood to replace the glass and painted it a nice chocolate brown. It looks great in our living room now, but we had some pieces of wood left over in the garage for the top of the table. One piece was about 6 inches wide and 49 inches long. I took it over to home depot and had it cut into 7 pieces. I gave them a couple of coats of some leftover chalkboard paint (that I had from a desk that I painted for Bijou) and used the letters from our mostly defunct Scrabble game to spell out the days. Now I just need to figure out where to put it. Total cost for this project? A whopping $0!!!! My kind of project!


No comments:

Post a Comment