Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Zion Sage!

Today is Zion's fourth birthday and I think I have come to terms with the fact that she is my last baby.  I didn't feel the little tug at my heart when I thought about all that she has learned and accomplished this year.  I didn't feel sad at the thought of planning my last first big birthday party.  I just enjoyed my girl today.  A few months ago, she decided that when she turned four she would stop crying (for petty things).  She has reminded me (and I have reminded her) of this on several occasions since then.  So far, she has held up her end of the bargain.  She has not cried all day!  Well, she woke up in tears before the sun with an earache and we had to head out to Walmart for drops at the crack of dawn.  But to be honest, I wanted to cry about that too!.
We did our traditional birthday hang out today - ice cream at the local ice cream parlor, play/stories at the bookstore and a drink with Daddy.  It was a good day.  Tomorrow is her party and she is super excited!


So, I am going to insert a "What's My Kid Wearing Today" snippet here.  We went to Goodwill yesterday because, well, there's not much else to do in this town.  I found this super cute cat in cat eye glasses shirt (Gap) on one rack.  Then I found this knit skirt (also Gap) on another.  Voila!  Super cute birthday outfit!!  Both the shirt and skirt were $.99.  The grey and white tights were a whopping $3.50 at Walmart.  Total birthday outfit, approx. $5.50.












I have to say that she wore her birthday crown ALL DAY!!  She is in her pajamas right now and she is still wearing her crown!  Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Zion!!! I love animal shirts for kids. Naja has a similar one from h&m - the cat also has on sneakers & shoelaces #love

    ReplyDelete