Thursday, March 11, 2010

What did we do today?

The longer we homeschool, the more I incorporate some unschooling philosophies into our routine. So this is what we did today:

Jena woke up and wanted to put together her 3-D puzzle of the sphinx. So, she and Granny spent all morning putting together the sphinx. Well, after about an hour, Granny was over the sphinx. Jena put together most of it herself. She's very proud and said it was the most complicated thing that she has ever put together by herself.



Ashni does not do tedious, complicated projects well (so no sphinx for her), so she worked on some pages in her reading workbook, helped Bijou with some reading on Starfall, played in the driveway for a while. Then she decided that she wanted turn her rain gauge that she made at Home Depot into a bird feeder. Here is the sign that she made for the birds. (that should say E-A-T)


Bijou wanted to do Starfall all morning. I'm happy that she has learned to use the mouse and can navigate the site on her own. It really comes in handy when I need to keep her occupied without me. Then she drew some pictures. I like watching how her drawings develop with age. This one is her grandfather, her great great grandmother and me (I think).


I have been working on a mini table top foosball table inspired by this one over at Filth Wizardry. Excuse the rubber bands, the glue is still drying. I used some more scraps from the garage to make the box. The bottom is covered in green felt and the players are clothes pins. The girls (and the husband) love foosball but there is no room in our house for anything else. It's certainly not a "regulation" foosball table, but it'll work.


No comments:

Post a Comment