Monday, December 31, 2012

Bijou's purple Parisian party

Well, another birthday party has come and gone.  Bijou turned 6 on the 27th and we had her birthday party on Sunday (which just happened to my birthday).  Everyone had a good time and I figured I would share some pictures.


We spent last week in St. Louis, so there wasn't much prep time for this party.  I think I cut paper for a full 36 hours!


I always envision these parties in a nice, calming, clutter free space, but we always have them in our fairly cluttered school room.


Our little "bon anniversaire" bunting made from purple paint chips from the hardware store.  There are tons of shades of purple!






The birthday girl.  In all honesty, she was a complete brat this entire morning, but you can't tell from the pictures!


Her purple birthday crown.  I actually got this one done ahead of time.



Zion had to get on the action.



The purple cake and cupcakes were delicious, but not very pretty.  That's what happens when your husband volunteers to make the cake at midnight after a few beers, lol.  Thank, hun!



I printed these vintage french chocolate labels from Graphic Fairy and wrapped mini chocolate bars.


The flowers were my birthday gift from the hubs.







I had to have these pretty purple gumballs for this party.  It was really the only thing I knew that I wanted.




Happy birthday, Bijou.  It seems like just yesterday you were a tiny little baby with big brown eye and tiny feet.  Now you are reading and riding a two wheeler, doing ballet and writing stories.  You drive me nuts and make me smile.  I am very proud of you and look forward to seeing the young woman you will become.

Next up, Zion's sushi party!

No comments:

Post a Comment