Friday, September 7, 2012

Budding artist

I know that I have mentioned in the past that Zion colors very well for her age, but I don't think that I have mentioned the fact that she also draws very well for her age.  Actually, I didn't realize how well she drew until spending time with other three year olds.  She doesn't draw all of the time (she prefers to color), but when she does I am always impressed.  Here is a drawing from a few months ago.


She was driving me batty that afternoon, so I let her loose with a dry erase marker and a white board.  She got quiet, I finished what I was doing and when I looked up again, this is what she's drawn.

This is a drawing that she did today.  She said that is her in her wedding dress and the figure to the right is going to be her husband.  Unfortunately, her husband will have to wait until tomorrow because it was time for her to go to bed (she was not happy that I wouldn't let her finish it).


There really was no explanation for this drawing, but I thought it was pretty darn cute.  It's on the back of her wedding drawing.  Maybe it's the flower girl, but I think it looks very super hero-like.


All in all, not too shabby for a three year old, right?

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty phenomenal for a 3 year old!!! She'll have to teach Naja some tips, I can tell - she's not the artistic type, but she definitely loves music. The way she can back it up and point her toe, and I taught/showed her neither things...lol & smh. Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Monique. I can't wait to meet her in a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete