Saturday, August 25, 2012

The big one turned 11!

Okay, so I've gotten very bad at maintaining my life and my blog.  Eh, well.  Maybe I'll get it together again eventually.

Anywho... Jena turned 11 on the 20th.  My first baby is clearly NOT a baby anymore.  We only do big birthday parties between the 4th and 10th birthday (because I think I would go insane trying to pull a party off for all of them indefinitely).  So, Jena got her first preteen birthday.  We hung streamers from and piled balloons in front of her bedroom door while she was sleeping (she said she was really surprised by that).  Then, we had homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  Her sisters put the tablecloth on the table, which in our house equals fancy meal!  We took her for her annual free scoop at our local ice cream shop.  Then headed to Tupelo to the mall to spend the birthday money that Daddy and I had given her (there were lots of dangly earrings bought).  Finally, she got to pick anything she wanted me to make for dinner.  She chose brown sugar and soy glazed salmon, roasted Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and a vanilla cake with lemon frosting.  She said it was one of the best birthdays she's ever had.




 Somehow this tiny, chubby, pink baby turned into this tall, thin, nerdy (and I love her for it) kid.  How does that happen??












I convinced Jena to buy a few Cry Babies (remember those?) to share with her sisters.  None of them had ever had one before.  Zion's face was the best...



...but Jena immediately spitting it back into her hand beat Zion's face, hands down!








She had a GIANT piece of cake.  It took her two days to eat her one piece of cake.  That's my Jena.

1 comment:

  1. I love her birthday dinner menu - so sophisticated!!! I really miss the celebrations at your house, they are always so awesome. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete