Monday, July 2, 2012

Farmer's Market Dinners

I love the fact that we have a couple of good farmer's markets and local grocery stores in this town.  I am enjoying meals made with fresh, locally grown ingredients.  Saturday's dinner was made almost exclusively from food bought that day at the market (the pizza dough excluded).


We made flat bread pizzas with yellow tomato, fresh mozzarella and a little mint (we didn't have basil) from the girls' garden.


 I made the dough and cooked one side on our flat cast iron skillet.  Then I put it under the broiler to melt the cheese and brown the top of the crust.


We had the pizza with roasted cabbage and yellow summer squash.  Bijou LOVED the summer squash.  It was met with a lukewarm reception from the other girls.  I think they enjoyed the flavor, but the texture left much to be desired.  I personally, thought it was tasty.  And the roasted cabbage, they could eat several heads of cabbage if I roast them!

No comments:

Post a Comment