Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring has sprung?

The weather is warming up here.  Today, it was a sweat producing 85 degrees.  That type of weather calls us all out to the garden (barefoot of course).  I am on spring break this week, so the girls and I have been catching up on some school, some chores and preparing our garden for spring.  This year we are planing green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and spinach.  Hopefully we will be able to grow enough to make at least a couple of meals. 


These boxes will hold spinach, lettuce and mint.


You can't see it, but Zion is holding a stick that Ashni painted last summer.  It has been in our backyard all winter.


 Ashni making rows in the small boxes (despite the fact that I said they didn't need rows).


Did I mention that Zion was wearing pants with a bunny tail?


Bijou's muddy toes (well, muddy toe).






That is hysterical laughter on Bijou's face.  I swear.


I was quite impressed with Jena's strength.  Zion is little, but she weighs a TON.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this warmer weather nice? I'm loving it. Great photos of the kids. I'm hoping tohave a garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!!! Miss hanging out with you guys. I love, love, love Zion's bunny pants. That pic made me laugh hysterically!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for spring and yeah for gardens!

    ReplyDelete