I am in control of my actions. I can choose to behave in a positive way. No one can make me think, feel or act in a way unless I choose to. I can choose to be a good influence on my sisters, family and friends. I can choose to be responsible, mannerable, strong and kind. I can choose to be my best everyday.
1. I will not question adults that I trust. (we made this rule because we were having a lot of "why do I have to do xyz, when (insert sister's name here) doesn't have to do xyz?")
2. I will not interrupt
3. I will take care of my belongings
4. I will use kind words.
5. I will be honest.
6. I will take responsibility for my actions and not blame others.
7. I will do everything to the best of my ability.
8. I will respect myself and others.
9. I will be a good influence on my sisters.
10. I will be satisfied with what I have and not feel entitled to have more than I need.
Jena is in charge of helping Bijou to recite the house rules each morning until she memorizes them and even Zion likes to follow along (in her own language, of course). Now, our house is a mass of chaos quite often (I'd like to see a house full of kids that isn't), but the rules do give us something to refer to when things get too out of hand. What do you do to start your school day? (Or keep some sense of order if you aren't home schooling.)