Sunday, April 3, 2011

Party over here...

Ultimate Blog Party 2011
It's Ultimate Blog Party time again over at 5 Minutes for Mom. Woooo! I love a good party, especially a party that I don't have to cook for or clean up after. So welcome to my blog party. Grab a cupcake, a soda, some chips, whatever and make yourself at home (excuse the mess, i have a bunch of kids). So I guess I'm supposed to introduce myself to those of you that I don't know.

I am a freelance artist and homeschooling mom of four bad apples (also known as the lady clan, the girlies, the kiddos, the tribe, etc.) Jena, Ashni, Bijou and Zion. I live in the south by way of St. Croix (three of my four girls are Crucian, the baby was born here). I guess I am another "Mommy Blog". I talk about a lot of different things going on around our house (school, food, art, parties, vexations, crafts, grievances, projects, annoyances, successes). We do a lot of things and I try to record those things here. Honestly, a blog is a lazy homeschooler's ideal record keeping system. Despite living in the suburbs and driving a minivan, I am not a soccer mom (no offense to soccer moms. We need soccer moms!). With four kids the vehicle options tend to be limited and our rent is cheap. My kids know no kids' songs (they are into Janelle Monae and the Noisettes at the moment) and I am okay with that. I make stuff out of necessity (i.e. I like awesome stuff but don't have the money for awesome stuff, but I am smart and crafty and will make awesome stuff out of crap that I already have around the house). I have an eclectic style to homeschooling. I don't homeschool for religious reasons, I homeschool because I love it. My kids are smart and have lots of friends (Who's an unsocialized homeschooler?). So yeah, that's kinda who we are. Welcome...

9 comments:

  1. Hello! Just stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party. Your blog is so honest and funny and its amazing that you're homeschooling 4 kids! I have added AnnaBean as a follower so we'd love if you'd follow us back as well!

    http://blog.annabean.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrienne! Jumping over from UBP to say "HI". Love your blog and that you homeschool your "4 Bad Apples" (now we all know that they are really good apples!!!). I loved the little market you created for them with fruits, veggies and fish. How creative! Wish I were more creative with the kids! Look forward to following you. Happy Blogging!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to meet an unsocial homeschooler!

    I'm visiting from The UBP'11...

    I have a few blogs- see if one or two look up your alley :-}

    Come on home - mom blog

    The Blogging Biz Mom

    While there, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter and join the Blogging Buddies group (dedicated visitors and comments!)

    Working at home advice

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne,

    It's great to see you pa' pa' partying. I'm doing the same. I like that you said "I like awesome stuff but don't have the money for awesome stuff." As far as I have seen from the many creative projects you've done, I think you're better off w/the things you make. You are very creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Popped over from the party and now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping by to say "Hi"!
    Beautiful blog.
    Take care,
    Char from UBP #372
    http://1epicmom.com/2011/04/07/ultimate-blog-party-2011/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comment! Looking forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blog you have! I'm a new follower from the UBP. Nice to meet you! Hope you can stop by and say hi. :)

    Wife on the Roller Coaster

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by, party people!!

    ReplyDelete